- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
San Francisco and Panamá Viejo
The coast to the east of Punta Paitilla has a growing supply of condominium towers, but just behind them lies the residential neighborhood of San Francisco, which has some up-scale streets and a growing collection of skyscrapers. The city's original convention center, ATLAPA, is on busy Vía Israel, which leads to the ruins of Panamá Viejo, or the original city. That historic site consists of little more than a museum and a collection of stone walls, but it provides an idea of what the colonial city looked like.
San Francisco and Panamá Viejo at a Glance
Elsewhere in Panama City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's