Masala Indian Cuisine
Masala Indian Cuisine Review
Panama City's best Indian restaurant is also one of your surest bets for going vegetarian in a town short on options for herbivores. The shrine behind the bar shows a traditionally dressed Indian woman making the gesture meaning welcome, and owners Koreena Bajwa and César Marín certainly make guests feel that way. Their authentic north Indian cuisine is served in cozy, colorfully decorated dining rooms, which include an area for shoeless dining on the floor on plush cushions. Just about any of the dozens of vegetarian, chicken, and lamb options on the menu are guaranteed to make your taste buds smile. A great nonmeat option is the thali, a plate that includes four hefty samplers including beans or lentils and a yogurt-based dish. This popular restaurant is small, so reservations are essential.
- Address: Justo Arosemena between Calles 44 and 45, Bella Vista, Panama City
- Phone: 507/225–0105
- Location: Downtown Panama City
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I usually don't like to revisit the same places, but after visiting Panama 2 years ago and loving it so much, we had to return with friend... Read more
Who we were: I grew up in Panama and wanted to share that beautiful country with my namesake, mi tocaya. A friend from high school joi... Read more