- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
Masala Indian Cuisine
Masala Indian Cuisine Review
Panama City's best Indian restaurant is also one of your surest bets for going vegetarian in a town short on options for herbivores. The shrine behind the bar shows a traditionally dressed Indian woman making the gesture meaning welcome, and owners Koreena Bajwa and César Marín certainly make guests feel that way. Their authentic north Indian cuisine is served in cozy, colorfully decorated dining rooms, which include an area for shoeless dining on the floor on plush cushions. Just about any of the dozens of vegetarian, chicken, and lamb options on the menu are guaranteed to make your taste buds smile. A great nonmeat option is the thali, a plate that includes four hefty samplers including beans or lentils and a yogurt-based dish. This popular restaurant is small, so reservations are essential.
- Address: Justo Arosemena between Calles 44 and 45, Bella Vista, Panama City
- Phone: 507/225–0105
- Location: Downtown Panama City
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
In early February of this year we spent 9 nights in Panama (4 in Gamboa on the canal, 4 in the western (Chiriqui) highlands, and 1 last night on Ancon Hill in Panama city). Read more
We plan on spending a week here (on the ground) and would like to do Panama City and one other destination where we can hike, horseback ride, kayak and/or white water raft, etc. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more