- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
La Mexicanita Review
This unassuming Mexican eatery on the corner of Parque Urracá serves a small selection of homemade Tex-Mex standards at very reasonable prices. Tortillas and chips are house-made, and the guacamole is whipped up to order. There's a fairly predictable lineup that includes soft tacos, enchiladas, burritos, tostadas, and a combo platter called the "Especial La Mexicanita." Wash it down with a Mexican beer, margarita, or horchata (a sweet, cinnamony drink). The ambience is "nothin' fancy," limited to a few, time-faded Mexican tourism posters, but this place is all about the food.
- Address: Calle 45, Bella Vista, Panama City
- Phone: 507/203–1464
- Location: Downtown Panama City
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Who we were: I grew up in Panama and wanted to share that beautiful country with my namesake, mi tocaya. Read more
We returned from a two weeks tour of Panama, a country that has so many interesting to offer. Read more
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more