- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- surrounded by nature
- friendly, helpful staff
- far from restaurants and nightlife
- rooms small and very basic
La Estancia Review
One of the city's best bed-and-breakfasts, La Estancia is the perfect spot for nature lovers, because it sits at the edge of the rain forest high on Ancón Hill (Cerro Ancón). The breakfast area and common lounges include long balconies that overlook a strip of forest where you might see tamarins, tanagers, and toucans. The tile-floor rooms are small and basic; those on the canal side have balconies that offer glimpes of passing ships through the foliage, but they also get the low drone of engines at night, whereas street-side rooms are quieter. Ground-floor suites have kitchens and are the only rooms with TVs. The owners have a small travel agency and can set up day trips or tours of the country.
- Address: Quarry Heights, Casa No. 35; 50 yards south of ANCON office, Cerro Ancón, Panama City | Map It
- Phone: 507/314–1417
- Website: www.bedandbreakfastpanama.com
- Location: Cerro Ancón, Balboa, and the Calzada de Amador
- 15 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here is the 4 minute video of my trip:
Airfare costs $450 (Flew 1 way into Panama, and 1 way out of Honduras) through Spirit Airlines. Not great but does the Read more
Our group of 6 adults just returned from our first trip with 8 days in Panama. Read more
Thank you to everyone who provided advice on traveling to Panama.
Recently finished posting my travelogue at:
Page 1: Panama Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more