At a Glance
- surrounded by nature
- friendly, helpful staff
- far from restaurants and nightlife
- rooms small and very basic
La Estancia Review
One of the city's best bed-and-breakfasts, La Estancia is the perfect spot for nature lovers, because it sits at the edge of the rain forest high on Ancón Hill (Cerro Ancón). The breakfast area and common lounges include long balconies that overlook a strip of forest where you might see tamarins, tanagers, and toucans. The tile-floor rooms are small and basic; those on the canal side have balconies that offer glimpes of passing ships through the foliage, but they also get the low drone of engines at night, whereas street-side rooms are quieter. Ground-floor suites have kitchens and are the only rooms with TVs. The owners have a small travel agency and can set up day trips or tours of the country.
- Address: Quarry Heights, Casa No. 35; 50 yards south of ANCON office, Cerro Ancón, Panama City | Map It
- Phone: 507/314–1417
- Website: www.bedandbreakfastpanama.com
- Location: Cerro Ancón, Balboa, and the Calzada de Amador
- 15 rooms, 2 suites
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Panama City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More