- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
This collection of simple tables shaded by umbrellas at the edge of the Flamenco Marina is the place to go for inexpensive dinner or a cold drink with a view. The food is basic but good—the Panamanian version of bar food—with dishes such as ceviche, sea bass fingers, hamburgers, and whole fried snapper, all served with yuca (fried cassava root) or patacones (plantain slices that have been fried and smashed). The relaxed atmosphere and low prices are a winning combination, and the place is packed on weekend nights.
- Address: Isla Flamenco, Calzada de Amador, Panama City
- Phone: 507/314–1998
- Location: Cerro Ancón, Balboa, and the Calzada de Amador
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
In early February of this year we spent 9 nights in Panama (4 in Gamboa on the canal, 4 in the western (Chiriqui) highlands, and 1 last night on Ancon Hill in Panama city). Read more
We plan on spending a week here (on the ground) and would like to do Panama City and one other destination where we can hike, horseback ride, kayak and/or white water raft, etc. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more