- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Country Inn & Suites Panama Canal
At a Glance
- great canal views
- big pool
- good value
- Public areas need work
- "garden views" disappointing
- could be better maintained and managed
Check Rates from our Partners
Country Inn & Suites Panama Canal Review
A front-row view of the Panama Canal and the peace and fresh air that come with an out-of-town location make this hotel a great option, especially for families. The rooms are large and bright, with tile floors and sliding-glass doors that open onto big balconies. There is, however, a big difference between the views, so be sure to pay the extra money for a canal view, or you'll end up contemplating the parking lot. Rooms in the new annex have slightly obstructed canal views and are not as nice as the original building's rooms. An okay breakfast is included, and there's a T.G.I. Fridays next door, but it's a short drive to the restaurants of the Calzada de Amador or the Casco Viejo.
- Address: Calzada de Amador and Calle Pelícano, Balboa, Panama City | Map It
- Phone: 507/211–4500; 888/201–1746 in the U.S.
- Website: www.countryinns.com
- Location: Cerro Ancón, Balboa, and the Calzada de Amador
- 185 rooms, 58 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here is the 4 minute video of my trip:
Airfare costs $450 (Flew 1 way into Panama, and 1 way out of Honduras) through Spirit Airlines. Not great but does the Read more
Our group of 6 adults just returned from our first trip with 8 days in Panama. Read more
So being the adventurous type and only having 15 days to explore, I have come up with the idea that is a little out there. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more