- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
S'cena offers a good mix of ambiance and Mediterranean classics such as paella and original dishes such as langosta en salsa mediterránea (lobster in almond sauce), filete a los tres hongos (filet mignon with portobello, shiitake, and cremini mushrooms), and atún rojo (grilled tuna marinated in a cherry-soy sauce). It occupies the second floor of a restored colonial-era building, with patches of exposed stone walls and historic photos and paintings by local artists hanging on the plastered stretches. S'cena's location between Plaza Francia and Plaza Bolívar makes it a good spot to have lunch before, or dinner after, exploring the Casco Viejo. On a Thursday or Saturday, you can step downstairs afterward for the live music.
- Address: Calle 1 and Av. A, Casco Viejo, Panama City
- Phone: 507/228–4011
- Location: Casco Viejo
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Who we were: I grew up in Panama and wanted to share that beautiful country with my namesake, mi tocaya. Read more
We returned from a two weeks tour of Panama, a country that has so many interesting to offer. Read more
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more