- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
Restaurante Miraflores Review
The big attractions here, literally, are the ships that make their careful way through the locks directly in front of the restaurant. Located on the second floor of the visitor center at Miraflores Locks, this eatery has glass walls that take advantage of its unique view. A fascinating sight by day, the locks are perhaps more impressive at night, when the area is well lighted and the canal at its busiest. The food doesn't come close to the view, and it isn't cheap. They usually offer a buffet, but you're safer ordering a la carte. You can't see much from most indoor tables, so if you can handle the heat, reserve an outdoor table, on the balcony, at least a day in advance.
- Address: Miraflores Visitor Center, 2nd fl., Clayton, Panama City
- Phone: 507/232–3122
- Location: Parque Natural Metropolitano, Miraflores, and Summit
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Who we were: I grew up in Panama and wanted to share that beautiful country with my namesake, mi tocaya. Read more
We returned from a two weeks tour of Panama, a country that has so many interesting to offer. Read more
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more