- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Timing and Precautions
You should visit Parque Natural Metropolitano as early in the day as you can, or late in the afternoon, because those are the times when birds and other animals are most active. Bring insect repellent with you, stay on the trails, and watch your footing, because there are poisonous snakes in these areas. The visitor center at Miraflores Locks is air-conditioned, so it is one of the few places in Panama City that you can comfortably visit in the late morning or early afternoon. Though the visitor center closes at 5 pm, the restaurant on its second floor is open until 10:30; it's a spectacular, albeit expensive place to dine, as the canal is busier at night than during the day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's