Panama City Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Panam City Bookshops
Panama City doesn't have a great selection of books in English, but it may be easier to find some titles on the local culture and tropical nature here.
El Hombre de la Mancha. The country's most successful book retailer is El Hombre de la Mancha, which sells books in Spanish and English and has stores in all the city's shopping malls, as well as the Allbrook Airport. Multiplaza, Via Israel, between Paitilla and ATLAPA, San Francisco, Panama City. 507/263–6218. www.hombredelamancha.com.
Gran Morrison. This department store, conveniently located near El Cangrejo, has a small selection of books on Panama, as well as a souvenir section. Vía España and Calle Samuel Lewis, Across from Plaza Concordia, Area Bancária, Panama City. 507/202–0031.
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute. This bookstore is a good stop for nature lovers, since it has an excellent selection of books on tropical flora and fauna, as well as postcards, posters, T-shirts, and other souvenirs. It's closed on weekends. Av. Roosevelt, Cerro Ancón, Panama City. 507/212–8029.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe