- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Timing and Precautions
As with most of Panama City, you are better off exploring Balboa and Cerro Ancón in the morning or late afternoon; the Calzada de Amador is a great spot for lunch, a sunset cocktail, or night time revelry. On Sunday afternoon, the promenade fills with joggers, bikers, and roller skaters. Balboa and the Calzada de Amador are perfectly safe, but you'll want to avoid the neighborhoods on the other side of the Avenida de los Martires from Cerro Ancón.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's