White-Water Rafting in Panama City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Aventuras Panama. Aventuras Panama runs white-water rafting trips on the Chagres River (Class II–III), which flows through the rain forests. The full-day trip requires no previous rafting experience, is available from May to late March, and costs $175 per person. A shorter, more challenging trip on the Mamoní River (Class III–IV), which flows through an agricultural area, is available from June to January, and costs $125. They also offer kayaking tours on Lago Gatún, the Chagres River, and alone the Caribbean coast near Portobelo. Edif. Celma Of 3, Calle El Parcial, 1½ blocks west of Transístmica, Panama City. 507/260–0044 or 507/6679–4404. www.aventuraspanama.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's