Hiking in Panama City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The hiking options near Panama City range from the 40-minute trek to the top of Cerro Ancón to more demanding expeditions into the vast lowland forest of Parque Nacional Soberanía. The Parque Natural Metropolitano has five well-marked trails covering a total of about 5 km (3 miles), which range from flat stretches to a steep road up to a viewpoint. Parque Nacional Soberanía has several trails ranging from the historic Camino de Cruces to the shorter Sendero el Charco, which is on the right after Summit Botanical Gardens and Zoo.
Advantage Panama. The company can arrange custom tours for hiking enthusiasts. Llanos de Curundú No. 2006, Curundú, Panama City. 507/6676–2466. www.advantagepanama.com.
Eco Circuitos Panama. Half- and full-day tours are offered that include hiking in Parque Natural Metropolitano, Parque Nacional Soberanía, or the hills around El Valle de Antón. Albrook Plaza, No. 31, Urbanización Albrook, Albrook, Panama City. 507/315–1305. www.ecocircuitos.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe