The larger islands have police stations with radios to call Panama City for help in an emergency and tiny centros de salud (health centers) that can provide first aid. Lodges in Punta Patiño and Bahía Piñas have satellite phones to call Panama City for an air ambulance in case of emergencies.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's