Fodor's In Focus Panama
Cabañas Coco Blanco
At a Glance
- nice beach
- private bathrooms
- near various uninhabited islands
- no English spoken
Check Rates from our Partners
Cabañas Coco Blanco Review
Occupying half of the small island of Ogobsibudup, Coco Blanco has the nicest accommodations in western Guna Yala: rustic bungalows with private bathrooms steps away from a white-sand beach. The best of them, by far, are the three cabañas (bungalows) in front, overlooking the beach and nearby islands. Rooms in back are dark, lack the view, and offer little privacy. Basic meals are served in a thatched building next door. They offer various excursions including trips to Isla Perro, Playa de Estrellas (a sandbar known for its sea stars), and nearby island villages. They also have a dugout you can paddle to an uninhabited island, or a nearby sandbar that appears at low tide. Ogobsibudup is a 20-minute boat ride from either El Porvenir or Cartí.
- Address: Ogobsibudup, El Porvenir
- Phone: 507/275–2853; 507/6123–5457 Roberto; 507/6967–4849 Ligia
- Location: El Porvenir, Cartí, and Río Sidra
- Rate includes all meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
In early February of this year we spent 9 nights in Panama (4 in Gamboa on the canal, 4 in the western (Chiriqui) highlands, and 1 last night on Ancon Hill in Panama city). Read more
We plan on spending a week here (on the ground) and would like to do Panama City and one other destination where we can hike, horseback ride, kayak and/or white water raft, etc. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more