Aside from the usual dangers associated with scuba diving and surfing, the province's biggest health concerns are sunburn and hypothermia on the heights of Volcán Barú. If you hike to the summit of Barú, take warm, waterproof clothing, even in the dry season, because the weather can change radically near the peak within an hour.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's