If you have a medical emergency in Chiriquí, head straight to David, which has a modern hospital. In 2012, plans were underway to open a branch of that hospital in Boquete. Boquete and Volcán have ambulances, and there are police stations in every town.
Hospital Chiriquí (Calle Central and Av. 3 Oeste, David. 507/774–0128. www.hospitalchiriqui.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's