- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
Il Forno Review
Authentic southern Italian recipes, handed down from generations, are what you'll get here. It might be a challenge, but try not to fill up on the warm baked breads served with roasted garlic and olive oil. On the menu you'll find veal, salmon, chicken, pork, and, of course, brick-oven pizzas. Pastas are all named after women, like "Pasta a la Jessie" served with a bacon and tomato cream sauce. The menu also features lighter options like spinach salad with candied almonds and apples. Adding to the dining experience is the pleasant atmosphere created by wooden tables, a wine room, opera music, and the smell of garlic wafting from the kitchen.
- Address: Left, 1/4 mile past the turnoff for Cerro Punta on the road to Volcán, Volcán
- Phone: 507/771–5731
- Location: Volcán
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon.–Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Who we were: I grew up in Panama and wanted to share that beautiful country with my namesake, mi tocaya. Read more
We returned from a two weeks tour of Panama, a country that has so many interesting to offer. Read more
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more