- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Golfo de Chiriquí Islands
The vast Gulf of Chiriquí holds dozens of uninhabited islands surrounded by healthy coral formations and excellent conditions for surfing, diving, and fishing. You can base yourself in the Boca Chica/Boca Brava area to explore these islands, but there are also two gulf-island resorts that provide more immediate access. Isla Ensenada, in the gulf's northeast corner, is near five of the country's best and most remote breaks, accessed from the Morro Negrito Surf Camp. The beautiful, remote Islas Secas (Dry Islands), a 16-isle archipelago 35 km (21 miles) from the coast, has one luxury eco-lodge but can be visited from Boca Chica or Boca Brava. On the southern edge of the gulf are the Islas Ladrones, with fantastic scuba diving and angling.
Golfo de Chiriquí Islands at a Glance
Elsewhere in Chiriquí Province
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's