- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sendero Los Quetzales. David is a convenient base from which to hike the Sendero Los Quetzales, an all-day adventure through the cloud forest on the north slope of Volcán Barú. The country's highest peak, it is located between the mountain valleys of Cerro Punta and Boquete. Watch for the rare, resplendent quetzal and dozens of other birds. Bring sunblock, plenty of water, food, and warm, waterproof clothing, since it can get quite cool on the trail, and is often raining, when David is hot and sunny. Tours with David-based guide Yania Massiel de Bradford (775–9649 or 6709–8204) include transportation from David to Cerro Punta, a guided hike (three to four hours) to Boquete, and transportation back to David, all for $50 to $75, depending on the number of hikers. David.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's