- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Between La Amistad and Volcán Barú national parks, there are enough trails around Cerro Punta to keep you hiking for several days. The area's bird-watching guides are familiar with all the local trails and are happy to guide hikers. Wherever you hike, be sure to pack plenty of water, sunscreen, a hat, and warm, waterproof clothing, even if it's sunny, since the temperature can plummet when a storm rolls in.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's