When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
When to Go
The big drawback of Bocas del Toro is the rain. Rain sometimes falls for days on end any time of year. Statistically, March is the sunniest month. September and October are the next-driest months, and May and June tend to be nice as well. Waters are calm and ideal for snorkeling and diving from mid-August to October. Since May, June, and (especially) September and October are the rainiest months in the rest of Panama, Bocas del Toro is the place to be at those times. December is the wettest month, and July and August are right behind it, though it tends to be sunny about a third of the time. Despite this, December, July, and August are good months for surfing in the archipelago but the worst months for diving. In January and February the odds of enjoying sunny days are about fifty-fifty. Many of the outlying lodges and some restaurants close during May and June, the lowest of the low season.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's