Om Café Review
You can get authentic Indian cuisine in Bocas del Toro at this cozy café atop a surf shop. Owner Sunanda Mehra is a Canadian of Punjabi descent who raided her aunt's cookbook before running off to Panama. You can savor such improbable delicacies as her prawn vindaloo, palaak paneer (fresh cheese in a spinach sauce), chicken tandoori, or any of half-dozen vegetable dishes. In the morning, treat yourself to an Indian breakfast, which includes vindaloo eggs in a roti wrap and chana bhatura (garbanzo curry with fried bread), accompanied by a refreshing fruit lassi (yogurt smoothie).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's