- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
Lemon Grass Review
This restaurant's location on the second floor of an old wooden building over the water gives it a great view of the turquoise sea and nearby islands. Tables sit beneath parchment-paper lamps that dangle from a tin roof that roars on rainy days. The sea here provides the perfect ingredients for Asian-fusion recipes that include spicy crab cakes, steak teriyaki, various curries, and fish-and-chips. Scribbled on a chalkboard menu are creative cocktails like "Lemon Grass Lips," a punchy blend of rum, lemon juice, and cranberries. The changing dessert selection could include such decadent inventions as Oreo-Baileys cheesecake and a cappuccino tiramisu sundae.
- Address: Calle 2, at Avenida D, Bocas del Toro
- Phone: 507/757–9630
- Location: Bocas del Toro
- No credit cards.
- Closed Thurs. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
In early February of this year we spent 9 nights in Panama (4 in Gamboa on the canal, 4 in the western (Chiriqui) highlands, and 1 last night on Ancon Hill in Panama city). Read more
We plan on spending a week here (on the ground) and would like to do Panama City and one other destination where we can hike, horseback ride, kayak and/or white water raft, etc. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more