- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Bastimentos Sky Canopy Tour. Neighboring Costa Rica gave the world the so-called zip-line canopy tour, and they have sprung up around the world, including here in the Red Frog complex on Isla Bastimentos. The concept: A series of cables, seven in this case with one up to 1,000 feet long and 150 feet above the ground, zip you from tree to tree, courtesy of helmet and very secure harness. This facility also includes a rappel line and a Tarzan swing. Though billed as a way to get close to nature and observe life in the rain-forest canopy—hence the name "canopy tour"—your screams of delight will probably scare away any animal life within a mile. Think of it more like a two-hour amusement-park ride. Reservations are required. Isla Bastimentos. 507/757–8021. www.redfrogbeach.com. $55; boat transport from Bocas town $4 one-way, $7 round-trip. Daily at 10 am, 1, and 3:30 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's