- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Bastimentos's southernmost point has an odd name, and its origin is as mysterious as Bocas del Toro's, though the theory is that wild macaws once lived there (there are now tame ones at the eponymous lodge). That hilly headland hemmed by mangroves and draped with lush rain forest is a mere 30 minutes from Bocas by boat, yet it feels like the end of the world.
Macca Bite at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Bocas del Toro Archipelago
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's