- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Avenida G leads north from Bocas town over an isthmus to the rest of Isla Colón, where the road soon forks. Veer right for Playa Bluff and the surf breaks of Paunch and Dumpers, which can be reached in about 30 minutes on a very rough road by bicycle, or in an hour on foot. A taxi takes about 40 minutes, and costs $20. A boat to Paunch or Dumpers from Bocas town should cost $10. Bocas del Drago is accessible by boat, taxi, or bus. On weekdays buses depart from Parque Bolívar for Bocas del Drago at 6:45, 10, noon, 3, and 6, returning 40 minutes later. The trip costs $3. Taxis charge $25, but the boat trip is the same price, and includes Swan's Cay.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe