Bocas del Toro Archipelago Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Idyllic Islands: Jungle-hemmed beaches, coconut palms growing in pale sand, emerald waters... the archipelago has the stuff of tropical fantasies.
Funky Bocas Town: The offbeat, colorful town of Bocas offers a mix of historic architecture, mellow locals, good food, nightlife, and abundant views of the surrounding sea and islands.
Neptune's Gardens: The submarine wonders—from the sponge-studded reef beneath Hospital Point to the seemingly endless coral gardens of the Cayos Zapatillas—can keep you diving for days.
The Jungle: Though the sea and sand are the big attractions, the rain forests that cover much of the archipelago are home to hundreds of bird species as well as everything from howler monkeys to tiny poison dart frogs.
Caribbean Cultures: Bocas del Toro's cultural mix of Afro-Caribbean, Panamanian, and indigenous Ngöbe tradition adds layers to the islands' personality.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's