- Idyllic Islands Jungle-hemmed beaches, coconut palms growing in pale sand, emerald waters... the archipelago has the stuff of tropical fantasies.
- Funky Bocas Town The offbeat, colorful town of Bocas offers a mix of historic architecture, mellow locals, good food, nightlife, and abundant views of the surrounding sea and islands.
- Neptune's Gardens The submarine wonders—from the sponge-studded reef beneath Hospital Point to the seemingly endless coral gardens of the Cayos Zapatillas—can keep you diving for days.
- The Jungle Though the sea and sand are the big attractions, the rain forests that cover much of the archipelago are home to hundreds of bird species as well as everything from howler monkeys to tiny poison dart frogs.
- Caribbean Cultures Bocas del Toro's cultural mix of Afro-Caribbean, Panamanian, and indigenous Ngöbe tradition adds layers to the islands' personality.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More