For travel around the region, ADO and UNO have direct buses to many coastal cities and ruins from Mérida. They depart from the first-class CAME bus station. Regional bus lines to intermediate or more out-of-the-way destinations leave from the second-class terminal. City buses charge about 60¢ (6 pesos); having the correct change is helpful but not required.
Autobuses de Occidente (Calle 70, between 79 and 71, Centro, Mérida, Yucatán, 97000. 999/924–8391 or 999/924–9741. www.ado.com.mx.)
CAME (Calle 71 No. 555, between Calles 69 and 71, Centro, Mérida, Yucatán, 97000. 999/924–8391.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's