Several blocks south of the city center stands the restored Hermitage of St. Isabel, also known as the Hermitage of the Good Trip. Completed in 1748 as part of a Jesuit monastery, the beautiful edifice served as a resting place for colonial-era travelers heading to Campeche. It's one of the most peaceful places in the city and a good destination for a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. Behind the hermitage are huge, lush tropical gardens, with a waterfall and footpaths, which are usually unlocked during daylight hours.
Calles 66 and 77, Mérida, Yucatán, 97000, Mexico