- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
La Cantina Review
This colorful cantina, right on the main square, has brightly painted tables and chairs with sombreros that act as lampshades. The festive vibe is equally matched with the menu of lime soup, chicken fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, and cochinita pibil (slow roasted pork) served with warm tortillas. Since it's open late, many locals drop by for a cocktail or Mayan-chocolate drinks. For a meal with a view, grab an outside table and watch Valladolid in action. It's open daily 7 am–11 pm.
- Address: Calle 41 No. 202, Centro, Valladolid, Yucatán 97780
- Phone: 985/856–0999
- Location: Valladolid
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more