- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Celestún Beach Review
This quaint fishing village may not have the pristine beaches of the Caribbean, but it does have several kilometers of lovely coastline, perfect for long walks or collecting seashells. There are no crowds, even at the main beach in town, and the water is a pretty green-emerald color. The nicest stretch is at Hotel Xixim, home to three miles of white sandy beaches, where turtles nest from April through July and Bottlenose dolphins can be seen swimming. When winds are high, this isn't the best place to swim—but it's perfect for relaxing or kayaking (rentals at Hotel Xixim); the waters are usually tranquil until late afternoon. There are no lifeguards on duty, so be sure to ask hotel staff about rip currents and incoming swells. Amenities : kayak rentals at Hotel Xixim. Best For: walking, collecting shells, turtle-watching.
- Address: Hotel Xixim, Municipio de Celestún Yucatán, Celestún
- Location: Celestún
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Merida Savings! Book at Gran Real Yucatan Fr $79+/Nt Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- Book the Fiesta Americana Merida 3 Nts in May Fr $157+/Nt Expedia
- La Mision de Fray Diego on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Colonial in May: $44 & Up — $44 Expedia
- Piedra de Agua Boutique in May: $84 & Up — $84 Expedia
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more