This restaurant and beach club, located on the ground floor of Casa Las Tortugas, has indoor and outdoor seating just feet from the sand. Chef Jorge Melul is a master baker and has become known on the island for his homemade breads, cakes, and pastas. Nearly every item on the menu is organic, with most ingredients coming from Mandarina's garden or nearby farms in neighboring Solferino. The daily catch is purchased directly from the local fishermen who dock on the shores. For a memorable meal, start with the shrimp tempura dipped in chipotle cream or homemade pesto. The fish, cooked in white wine and topped with spinach and pears, is light and satisfying. If it's just ambience you're after, head to the rooftop bar for a reasonably priced basil mojito or ginger margarita.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's