- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Restaurante Kinich Review
This is the most comfortable place to eat in town. The entrance has a small shop featuring a carefully selected and cleverly displayed collection of local folk art for sale. Beyond this, you enter a dining area with white tablecloths under a wide palapa (thatched roof), which is surrounded by plants and a burbling fountain, with a small hut in back, where women make tortillas the old-fashioned way—by hand. This is a great place to try local dishes as well—including locally made longaniza, a tasty grilled pork sausage. The sopa de lima is also excellent. The restaurant is open daily from noon until around 7 at night, but when there's a light-and-sound show downtown, it stays open until 10.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Fiesta Americana Merida 3 Nts in May Fr $157+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star The Villa Merida Fr $164+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3-Star Ibis Merida Fr $58+/Nt — $58 Expedia
- Merida Savings! Book at Gran Real Yucatan Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- Book the Fiesta Americana Merida 3 Nts in May Fr $157+/Nt — $157 Expedia
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more