- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Iglesia de San Antonio de Padua
Iglesia de San Antonio de Padua Review
This pretty, faded, red colonial church is typical of the Yucatán colonial churches. It has been weathered and ransacked on more than one occasion, but the Black Christ altarpiece is original. The best view might be from the outside, where you can take in the facade, including its three towers, and the slow pace of the town as families ride by in carts attached to bicycles and locals mill around in traditional Mayan dress.
- Address: On the zócalo, Centro, Ticul, Yucatán 97860
- Location: Ticul
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
We are thinking of visiting Puerto Vallarata in March 2015 for our honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more