At the southern end of the city stands the restored and beautiful Hermitage of St. Isabel. Built circa 1748 as part of a Jesuit monastery, also known as the Hermitage of the Good Trip, it served as a resting place for colonial-era travelers heading to Campeche. It's one of the most peaceful places in the city, with an interesting, inlaid-stone facade (although the church itself is almost always closed), and is a good destination for a ride in a horse carriage. Behind the
hermitage are its huge and lush tropical gardens, with a waterfall and footpaths, which are usually unlocked during daylight hours.
Calles 66 and 77, Mérida, Yucatán, 97000, Mexico