Iglesia y Ex-Convento de San Roque
Iglesia y Ex-Convento de San Roque Review
The elaborately carved main altarpiece and matching side altars here were restored inch by inch in 2005, and this long, narrow church now adds more than ever to historic Calle 59's old-fashioned beauty. Built in 1565, it was originally called Iglesia de San Francisco for Saint Francis. In addition to a statue of Francis, humbler-looking saints peer out from smaller niches.
- Address: Calles 12 and 59, Centro, Campeche City, Campeche, 24000
- Phone: 981/816–3144
- Hours: Daily 8:30–noon and 5–7.
- Location: Campeche City