Casa Vieja Review
Whether you're having a meal or an evening cocktail, try to snag a table on this eatery's outdoor balcony for a fabulous view over Campeche's main plaza. You wouldn't know it from the tiny entrance on the main plaza, but the interior is large and inviting, and the brightly painted walls are crammed with eclectic art. The menu displays a rich sampling of Mexican dishes including coconut shrimp; chicken fajitas; cochinita pibil (a slow-roasted pork dish); and pan de cazón (shreaded fish with black beans and tortillas). In addition to pastas, salads, and regional food, you'll find a good selection of aperitifs and digestifs. The view (not the service) is the main draw. To get here, look for the narrow stairway on the plaza's east side. They're open from 8 am until midnight.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's