Getting Here and Around in Chichén Itzá
Getting Here and Around
Although you can get to Chichén Itzá along the shorter Carretera 180, there's a more scenic and interesting alternative. Head east on Carretera 281 through Tixkokob, a Maya community famous for its hammock weavers, and continue through Citilcúm and Izamal. From there, continue on through the small, untouristy towns of Dzudzal and Xanaba en route to Kantunil. There you can hop on the toll road or continue on the free road that parallels it through Holca and Libre Unión, both of which have very swimmable cenotes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's