- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Celestún is easily accessible by car, tour group, or bus. To go by bus, take one of the hourly second-class buses that depart from the Noroeste Terminal in Mérida (Calle 67 at Calle 50). The first bus departs at 6:15 am, and the last returning bus leaves Celestún at 8 pm. The fare costs about $6.50 round-trip. In the town of Celestún, your best bet is moto-taxi. These charge about 80¢ around town, and $1.20 to go out to the boats from the central plaza. Make sure you establish what the fare is before you get on, as sometimes drivers will try to charge foreign tourists significantly higher rates.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe