- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Fishing and bird-watching are popular throughout the state of Campeche.
Campeche Tarpon. Alejandro, and other local fishermen from Campeche Tarpon, can arrange fly-fishing excursions to nearby mangroves, flats, creeks, and lagoons. Campeche. 981/120–4708; 888/777–5060 in U.S. www.campechetarpon.com.
Fernando Sansores. Contact Fernando Sansores at the Snook Inn to arrange area sportfishing or wildlife photo excursions. Calle 30 No. 1, Centro, Champotón, Campeche, 24400. 982/828–0018.
Tarpon Town. This company offers the city's only fully licensed fishing tours, and they're experts in tailoring fishing trips to individual needs. Marina Bahía Azul s/n, Campeche City, Campeche, 24000. 1981/133–2135 Cell. www.tarpontown.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's