- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Xalapa's bus station, called CAXA (the Centro de Autobuses de Xalapa), is 2 km (1 mi) east of downtown on Avenida Lázaro Cárdenas, just off Avenida 20 de Noviembre. ADO runs several buses an hour between Veracruz and Xalapa. The trip takes two hours and costs about $6. If you're driving, Carretera 140, which branches off Carretera 150-D, leads from Veracruz City to Xalapa. Pay extra attention when driving in Xalapa, as getting lost is a real possibility.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's