- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
You can easily charter a lancha (boat) to take you to nearby islands like Isla Verde and Isla de los Sacrificios. The best place to find one for a spur-of-the-moment outing is along the Paseo del Malecón. Expect to pay about $5 per person. Longer trips to nearby Isla Verde (Green Island) and Isla de Enmedio (Middle Island) leave daily from the shack marked "Paseo en lanchita" near Plaza Acuario. If you want to call ahead, contact the friendly folks at Amphibian. Calle Lerdo 117, Veracruz, Veracruz, 91700. 229/931–0997. www.amphibianveracruz.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe