- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The most popular form of public transportation is the fleet of baby-blue lanchas (small motorboats) that carry commuters across the Río Tuxpan. A round-trip journey from any of the docks along the river costs about 40¢.
ADO buses also shuttle between Veracruz and Tuxpan several times a day; it's a four-hour to six-hour trip, and costs about $15. Tuxpan has a small bus terminal east of downtown on Calle Rodriguez.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's