- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The most popular form of public transportation is the fleet of baby-blue lanchas (small motorboats) that carry commuters across the Río Tuxpan. A round-trip journey from any of the docks along the river costs about 40¢.
ADO buses also shuttle between Veracruz and Tuxpan several times a day; it's a four-hour to six-hour trip, and costs about $15. Tuxpan has a small bus terminal east of downtown on Calle Rodriguez.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos