- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
For scuba diving, head to Isla Lobos (Island of the Wolves), a protected eco-reserve that shares its space with a military outpost and a lighthouse. In the shallow water offshore are a few shipwrecks and colorful reefs with puffer fish, parrot fish, damselfish, and barracuda. Generally, the best time to dive is between May and August.
Aqua Sport, west of Playa Tuxpan, arranges diving trips to Isla Lobos. Single-tank dives for groups of four or more cost around $80 per person; a single person can expect to pay $160. Carretera la Playa, Km 8.5, Tuxpan, Veracruz, 92800. 783/837-0259.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's