- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A peaceful riverside town with a tangle of twisting streets, Tuxpan—almost as often referred to as Tuxpam—is a pleasant place to stop if you're driving along the coast. In the evening you'll find people strolling beneath the palms along the waterfront promenade and watching the sun set over the water. Running parallel to the river, busy Avenida Juárez is lined with restaurants, hotels, and shops.
Tuxpan at a Glance
- Museo Histórico de la Amistad México–Cuba (Historical Museum of the Mexico-Cuba Friendship)
- Parque Reforma
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Veracruz
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's