- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The name Tlacotalpan is of Nahuatl origin and means "in the middle of the earth," referring to the settlement's location on what was then an island. Once a prosperous port city, Tlacotalpan, now more run-down, still charms with rustic, century-old houses, all in colors that might have been inspired by a candy shop.
Tlacotalpan at a Glance
Elsewhere in Veracruz
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's