- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
This sleepy village was the conquistadors' capital for 75 years. It was given its name ("The Old Town") when the Spaniards abandoned it in 1599, upon founding Veracruz City. A small community still lives here, however, and they're justifiably proud of the town.
La Antigua at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Veracruz
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's