- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Costa Esmeralda (Emerald Coast)
Covering 35 km (23 mi) of coastline along the Gulf of Mexico between Nautla and Papantla, Costa Esmeralda's clean wide beaches and calm waters are popular with beachgoers and fishermen alike. Here Highway 180 is lined with small restaurants and stands selling fresh pineapples, oranges, and cheese. It's also peppered with campgrounds and hotels taking advantage of the amazing beachfront.
Elsewhere in Veracruz
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe